How I Was Paid N150,000 To Install Radio Biafra Transmitter On MTN Mast – Suspect

, by Laura Ikeji

An engineer has given steep details into
how he was payed to hoist the
transmitter of Radio Biafra onto MTN’s
mast.
A telecommunication maintenance
engineer, David Nwawuisi, has
disclosed how he was paid a sum of
N150,000 to install a Radio Biafra
transmitter on an MTN mast in
Ngwo, Enugu State.
Daily Post reports that the 29-year-
old Nwawuisi, who was on the
payroll of Ericsson, the firm
managing mast sites for MTN,
revealed this in a statement which he
made to the Department of State
Services on July 27, 2015.
The suspect said he was managing 45
MTN sites for Ericsson, adding that
the Radio Biafra transmitter had
operated for three months on MTN
mast before it was discovered and
his subsequent arrest by the DSS on
July 15, 2015.
Nwawuisi, who obtained a B.Sc
degree in Biochemistry from the
Enugu State University of Science
and Technology in 2010, said he was
being paid N73,000 plus per month
by Ericsson.
Nwawuisi stated, “I came to know
about Chidiebere and Obioma one
day the security woman called me to
tell me that they will like to install a
radio (transmitter) on one of my
sites at Ngwo in Enugu State and I
told them that I don’t know who they
are that if they can make out time so
that we can see face to face because I
don’t know them and that was in
May.
“So the next day, they called me. I
was working in one of my sites at
St. Michael Catholic Church Asata
in Enugu State. I asked them to
come down to that site and that
was the place I saw them for the
first time and they introduced
themselves as Chidiebere and
Obioma. They also asked for my
name and I said David. They also
asked for my native name and I
said Chukwugozie and from there
Chidiebere started saying that the
radio (transmitter) they are asking
for my permission to install in my
site is to help them educate our
people (Igbo) and let them know
their brothers and where they
come from….
“They called me again to remind
me of that and that was when I told
them ok and we agreed that they
are going to be paying N25,000
only per month which they paid six
months upfront. N75,000 cash was
given to me that day they came for
the installation and out of that I
gave N5,000 to the security
woman. The balance was paid into
my account at Ecobank after the
First Bank (account) I gave to
Obioma failed to accept the
payment.
“The payment of the balance was
done two weeks after the
installation of the radio
(transmitter). On three different
occasions, Chidiebere and Obioma
called me to do some maintenance
on the radio (transmitter). I gave
them access into the site and left
and when they finished, the
security woman informed me that
they are through and I came and
locked the site.
“The items Chidiebere came (with)
were an electronic that looks like a
decoder and a DSTV dish which
was installed on the fence. The
other items were installed inside
the MTN site shelter. The
equipment has been there for three
months and on July 15 the MTN
staff went to the site and called me
from the site and asked me what
the equipment is. The name of the
MTN staff is Mr. John Ibekwe.
When he was calling, I couldn’t get
what he was asking due to the
environment because I was driving
and when I parked, I called the
security woman to ask her and she
told me that is the equipment that
Chidiebere and Obioma installed
that he is asking of.
“I called back the MTN man to tell
him what the equipment is for, that
is a Radio Biafra (transmitter) that
was installed by Chidiebere and
Obioma. I told him that I will like
to see him which he asked me to
come to Shoprite and I came and
after I was taken to the MTN office
by the MTN security patrol team.
From the office, after telling them
how the equipment came about
and how I got to know about
Chidiebere, I was taken to Enugu
DSS office.” (sic)
He stated that the MTN thereafter
uninstalled the Radio Biafra
transmitter.

0 comments:

INFINIX ON JUMIA