Read Kiss Daniel’s Open Letter To His Fans After Losing Out In The “Next Rated Category” At Headies

, by Laura Ikeji

Kiss Daniel whom according to his
fans should have won the Next Rated
award wrote an open letter to his
fans to express his gratitude for their
faith in him.
He wrote:
“When I opened my social media
accounts this morning, it was
humbling for me to see that so many
people believe that I deserve
recognition for the work I was able
to do last year by the grace of God.
But like Thomas a Kempis famously
wrote; “Man proposes, but God
disposes”.
To see that fans across different
social audiences appreciate the
efforts I put into making my music is
one I will never look down upon, no
award beats that, and I hope to be
able to repay this confidence in good
time.
My fans have been the most amazing
source of inspiration for me, and I
promise never to let you down. From
the days when I was nobody in this
industry, to song after song that you
have helped become hits, I say God
bless you for all the support.
To be honest, it was quite
heartbreaking to find out that I did
not get the particular recognition I so
much craved, but I am excited that it
only means I need to work harder,
and that 2016 will be a bigger year
for me.
In 2015, some of the awards I won
with your support include; ‘Best New
Act’ at the Nigerian Entertainment
Awards (NEA), Next Rated Artiste of
The Year at the Extreme Awards in
Benin Republic, AFRIMA Awards
Most Promising Act in Africa.
I also found out I was one of the top
5 Google Top Trending Nigerian
Musicians. For an artiste with less
than 10 songs to my name, I think
this is enough for me to congratulate
myself upon.
This year 2016 is going to be bigger
and better; my debut album drops
this year, and with the work put into
it by myself, my team, and that of the
artistes magnanimous enough to
feature on it, I am positive that this
will be the year.
I also want to use this opportunity to
tell the fans to look out for the
forthcoming single of my label mate
and brother “Sugarboy” dropping in
few days from now, as we at G-
Worldwide Entertainment will
continue to bring you good music.
I thank you all; my fans for always
supporting me, the media platforms
who continue to keep me in the
public’s mind, the industry seniors
who have made it their job to guide
and mentor, and the members of my
team who work behind the scenes to
make sure I keep my head level and
continue to make great music.
Special shoot-out to my label boss
“Emperor Geezy” who continues to
bring the best out of me.
I wish you all a happy New Year, and
hope you have a good time in 2016.
ANIDUGBE OLUWATOBILOBA
DANIEL (KISS DANIEL )
Almost forgot, thanks to the good
guys at The Guardian UK for giving
me a mention in The playlist: the
best African pop of 2015”.

0 comments:

INFINIX ON JUMIA