The Values Her Blackberry Phone More Than Family, Husband Tells Court

, by Laura Ikeji


He starved me of séx for 3 years, made my life miserable —Wife

A man, Felix Obasere, has told an Igando customary court in Lagos State, that his wife cherished her Blackberry phone more than her family.

Obasere is the respondent in a suit filed by his estranged spouse, Sandra, asking the court to grant her permission to have access to their four children.

The respondent told the court that trouble began when his live-in lover started using a Blackberry phone.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that the couple had co-habited for about nine years without formalising their relationship, which had produced four children.

Sandra had gone to court complaining of denial of access to their children by Obasere, sexual starvation for three years and threats to her life.

All the claims were, however, denied by the respondent.

“I cannot deny her access to our children, after all, they did not fall from heaven, but she goes to their school to discuss our issues with the children’s teacher.

“I was embarrassed, so I changed their school after she packed out, using a flimsy excuse. Afterall, she does nothing but to fiddle with her phone all day.

“The whole thing started when she started using a Blackberry phone. She no longer had time for me and the children anymore.

“She was always with her Blackberry, chatting and pinging.

“When she came to pack her things, she was throwing stones at me,” Felix told the court.


The plaintiff also told the court that her partner was in the habit of beating her at the slightest provocation.

“He beat me at will, for three years, he denied me s*x and made my life miserable, for no just reason.

“Whenever I buy things for our children and I pass them through their godfather, it’s always a tug of war before he will allow them to collect those things from me,” Sandra said.


President of the court, Adegboyega Omilola, ordered the couple to come for an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) meeting on February 18.

He urged the couple to each come along with three members of their families to the meeting.

The case was adjourned till February 22, for continuation of hearing

0 comments:

INFINIX ON JUMIA